THE GREATER HUNTINGTON COUNCIL OF YACHT & BOATING CLUBS
Presents Our Annual Huntington Safe Boating Week
A week of events to promote safe and enjoyable boating for everyone.
- NYS Safe Boating Course: An 8-hour basic and comprehensive class open to all boaters regardless of experience and required based on the passage of Briana’s Law. Presented courtesy of the Town of Huntington and their Department of Maritime Services.
- Vessel Safety Exams conducted by the US Power Squadron and Coast Guard Auxiliary. A courtesy inspection to insure your boat has all the equipment necessary to make navigation safe.
- Courses and lectures to promote informed boat ownership, safe boat handling and response to emergency situations.
- The Poster Contest is a partnership between The Greater Huntington Council of Yacht and Boating Club’s and The Whaling Museum to promote youth appreciation and respect for recreational boating and the message that Safe Boating is always fun boating. Artwork will be displayed in The Whaling Museum’s education workshop.
Our Commitment to Our Sponsors, Vendors and the Boating Community
- For the past seven years we have worked closely with the Town of Huntington, US Coast Guard, Power Squadron and other agencies and businesses to present the finest courses FREE OF CHARGE to the boating community. We have added courses such as CPR and Basic First Aid to our list of offerings and will continue to enhance our current schedule.
- A donation of “NO WAKE” markers to the Town of Huntington as well as LED lights to illuminate the channel markers for nighttime safety. This pilot program has garnered positive support and the town will now be lighting more navigational aids within its jurisdiction. These enhancements, placed throughout the Huntington Bay Complex assure the safety of swimmers, sailors, kayaks, paddle boarders and fisherman so that we may all enjoy our precious resources.
We welcome your sponsorship and participation in Huntington Safe Boating Week 2021.We invite you to attend our kick-off reception on Friday, May 21st for a special maritime lecture and complementary cocktail and refreshments. Together we can continue to make boating a safer and more enjoyable experience for everyone!
Boat Smart, Boat Safe